Saturday, July 14, 2012

Books and the Two-Headed Beetle

Lu's already finished up my entire reading list for this year, and several more books. Most of them have been 200+ pages, at about one every 2-3 weeks. Lu is passionate about reading, and that is something I want to nurture and support. It started feeling like he wasn't quite lighting-up as much with the last couple of books, and I was getting the sense that maybe he needed a break from the longer chapter books. We do short stories for reading aloud, but nothing in between. So I got some shorter books and he's been reading loads.

One in Spanish -



His first graphic novel -
 




And the very moving 
Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.




And more bugs!

Look at this two-headed beetle.
Oh no, that's not... Oh!



5 comments:

  1. I've given up trying to keep a track of my kids reading...it's an impossible task! So great that Lu has a love of reading.

    Nature is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew, the bugs...ew! LOL!

    I just love "Sadako"! One of my favorite books! Sad but wonderful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I love your reactions to my bugs Malea.

      Delete
  3. I just wanted to say I love reading your blog! Also, my son and I got to meet Donn Fendler this past year after reading the book Lost on A Mountain in Maine, and he gave us a copy of the graphic novel and my son (who is 9 as well) LOVED it! Mr. Fendler is in his 80's but he is very engaging and entertaining to young children and loves to tell his story to a live audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Lu will like to know that the author is still alive.
      Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete