Monday, June 20, 2011

Researching for Main Project

A love for learning goes hand in hand with good research skills. Teaching your child to investigate things he or she is interested in, sows the seed for self-directed life-long learning.

We are doing 3 Main Projects this year - Dinosaurs, The Solar System and The Human Body

Each project will take 1.5 - 2 months, and will involve a lot of research.

Here are some of the ways my 8yr. old son and I research:
  • I read the information (from a book or a website) and prepare questions for him in a notebook. He then reads the page (or we read it together) and he answers the questions.
  • He reads the information and prepares questions for me to answer.
  • He reads to me and I take notes, and vice-versa.
  • We read together and take notes as we go.

Related Articles -
Internet Research Skills
Self-Directed Learning

No comments:

Post a Comment