Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Feel Like a Real Mom

I think one of my greatest realizations from starting homeschool is how I had completely handed over my son's education to the school he was attending. I somehow thought that because he was going to school, my only job was to get him ready in the mornings, feed him and get him to bed at night - that's what it felt like. There was something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it. I knew I wanted to spend more time with him, but I didn't realize that my whole self was being deprived of something essential.

Now that we're homeschooling, not only am I happy to be taking responsibility of his education and spending the whole day with him, but mostly I am just HAPPY. I feel complete. I feel like a real mother and not just a caretaker. I feel like I've been given back something that was taken away from me the moment I started sending him to another place (school) so that other people could do the greatest part of MY JOB.

I knew homeschooling would be wonderful for us, but I didn't know how wonderful it would be for ME. I feel activated, excited and rejuvenated, not to mention everything I'm learning by being in the 3rd grade again at 35!

1 comment: