Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ancient Egypt and Day 3 Smoke-Free

This week in World Studies, Lu worked on Ancient Egypt in his History of People booklet. This is a brief introduction to a much longer unit on Egypt that we'll be starting in a few months.

Here are two sites for Ancient Egypt related stuff:
Kidipede
Mr. Donn


Lu's been great this week at working independently,
which has been really important because...
I quit smoking!!!!!
I'm on day 3, after 20 years of a pack-a-day. Three days might not sound like much, but if you take into account that I couldn't go 3 HOURS...

It's been 8 years since the last time I even tried to quit, so it's a pretty big deal. It's been rough. At first I tried to keep on top of homeschooling, especially since the plan was to have our first break of the year next week. But Lu agreed to spread the work out over this week and his break week, so that I don't go completely bananas. So that's where my energy's been.
If you love a smoker, buy them this book. Seriously, if it worked for me, it can work for anyone. It's helped millions of people quit for good.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, good for you, but I'm sure it's not been easy these past few days! Good for Lu as well.

    ReplyDelete