Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lean On Me

We've been starting our mornings by singing "Lean On Me".

I've loved this song since I was a child in the 80's, when Club Nouveau made a remix of the original Bill Withers version.

The lyrics are nice and simple, with such a wonderful message.
They also give for some great discussion on friendship, community, solidarity and being a good neighbor.

We also do some movement with it - just a basic side-to-side-clap for the main verses and chorus, and then pick it up by snapping on the offbeat for "Just call on me brother, when you need a hand...". It helps
release tension and gets our blood flowing.

It's a warm, gooey, cuddly start to our day that helps us avoid early morning grumpiness.
This is my favorite verse:
If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

No comments:

Post a Comment