Friday, October 14, 2011

10 Books

Here's something I shared today on a fun thread at SHS

If I were asked to write a list of books that I would want all of my descendants to read, these would be the ones:

The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State - Friedrich Engels
Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietzsche
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
The Prophet - Khalil Gibran
The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
The Witch, The Lion and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
Oh! The Places You'll Go - Dr. Seuss
Horton Hears a Who - Dr. Seuss
A Zeitgeist Movement book, if they ever publish one
A Complete World History Book - from the Big Bang through WWII

3 comments:

  1. Only 10??? I'll have to think about those! Loved the Dr Seuss inclusions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh...I don't know if I could do only 10!!! That would be so hard to narrow down. I love the Seuss inclusions. :)

    To be honest with you, I have tried to read "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" several times. I have yet to get through it! I just don't like the book...although I have loved the movie versions. Sigh...

    I would have to think a while to narrow my list down to 10, but for certain "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee would make the list, as would "The Lord of the Flies" by William Golding...maybe...lol!

    PS - I am working on your request for my "must reads" for homeschooling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I feel the same way about Lord of the Flies movie/book wise. Prefer the movie over the book, but with the WTLATW I was so disappointed with the movie. I grew up on the CS Lewis books, so the movie didn't stand a chance at living up to my expectations.

    Can't wait for your hs must reads!

    ReplyDelete