Thursday, July 7, 2011

Curriculum Help

Education.com is a very helpful site for creating your curriculum.

We're making up our own as we go along, but I want to make sure I don't leave out any of the "standard" basics. Every month or so, I revisit this site to check that we're getting everything in. We could probably do everything on the list in three months, so I don't worry too much. Our curriculum doesn't revolve around it, I just make sure to include most of it - we don't include areas that aren't relevant or of interest to us.

Just go to the site and look for "Browse by Grade" on the right-hand sidebar. Open your child's grade and they show you subject-by-subject content. It's very clear and to-the-point. You can see what the standard curriculum is and then create your own, including as much of the suggested content as you want and ignoring what you don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment